With hundreds of acres of conserved lands open to the public in the Clear Creek drainage basin, there are miles of trails available for hiking. Whether you’re looking to hike ½ a mile or 100 miles, the Clear Creek drainage basin has trails for you. Some of the trails in the area include:
- Beaver Brook Trail – hike from Golden on over 8 miles of trail, one way, to Genesee Mountain park.
- Centennial Cone Trail – a 17.2 mile loop in the heart of Clear Creek Canyon managed by Jefferson County Open Space.
- Grays and Torreys Peaks – hike two of Colorado’s 14ers on one of the numerous trails heading up to the peaks.
- Bard Creek Trail – a wonderful trail for summer wildflowers and fall colors.
- Continental Divide Trail – the CDT runs through the western edge of the Clear Creek drainage basin.